DHYANA SLOKA (Meditation Verse)
snigdhapanga vilokinim bhagavathim
mandasmita sri mukhim
vatsalyamrta varisnim sumadhuram
syamangim madhu sikta sukthim
We meditate on (Mata Amritanandamayi), who is robed in pure white attire, shining brilliantly, who is ever established in Truth, whose kind glances beam with binding love, who is the seat of the six godlyqualities, who se divine face beams with a soft, graceful smile, who incessantly showers the nectar of affection, who sings the glories of God most sweetly, who shines with the complexion of rainclouds, whose words are soaked in honey, who is immortal bliss embodies, and who is the Supreme Goddess Herself.
1. Om purna bramhma svarupinyai namaha
Adorations to Amma, who is the complete manifestation of the Absolute Truth (Brahman).
2. Om sachidananda murthaye namaha
who is existence, knowledge and bliss embodied.
3. Om atma ramagraganyayai namaha
who is supreme among those who revel in the innerself
4. Om yoga linantaratmane namaha
whose inner Self (pure mind) is merged in Yoga (the union of the Individual Self with Brahman).
5. Om antar mukha svabhavayai namaha
who is inwardly drawn by her very nature.
6. Om turya tunga sthlijjuse namaha
who dwells in the top most plane of consciousness known as 'turya'
7. Om prabha mandala vitayai namaha
who is totally surrounded by divine light.
8. Om durasada mahaujase namaha
whose greatness is usurpassable.
9. Om tyakta dig vastu kaladi sarvavacheda rasaye namaha
who has risen above all the limitations of space, matter, and time.
10. Om sajatiya vijatiya sviya bheda nirakrte namaha
...who is devoid of all kinds of differences ('differences' as usually seen among the same species, between different, species, and within one and the same individual).
11. Om vani buddhi vimrgyayai namaha
whom speech and intellect cannot apprehend.
12. Om sasvad avyakta vartmane namaha
whose path is eternally undefined.
13. Om nama rupadi sunyayai namaha
who is devoid of name and form.
14. Om sunya kalpa vibhutaye namaha
to whom the yogic powers are of no importance (like the whole world is unimportant when in dissolution).
15. Om sadaiswarya samudrayai namaha
who has the auspicious marks of the six godly qualities (aiswarya: affluence; virya: valour; yasas: fame; sri: auspiciousness; jnanam:knowledge; vairagya: dispassion).
16. Om duri krta sad urmaye namaha
who is devoid of the six modifications of life (birth, existence, growth, change or evolution, degeneration, destruction).
17. Om nitya prabuddha samsuddha nirmuktatma prabhamuce namaha
who is emanating the light of the Self, which is eternal, conscious, pure, and free.
18. Om karunyakula chithayai namaha
whose heart is full of mercy.
19. Om tyakta yoga susuptaye namaha
who has given up the yogic sleep.
20. Om kerala ksmavatirnayai namaha
...who has incarnated in the land of Kerala.
21. Om manusa stri vapurbhrte namaha
...who has a feminine body.
22. Om dharmistha sugunanda damayanti svayam bhuve namaha
who has incarnated of Her own will as the daughter of the virtuous Sugunananda and Damayanti.
23. Om mata pitr ciracirna punya pura phalatmane namaha
who was born to Her parents as a result of their many virtuous deeds over many lives.
24. Om nissabda janani garbha nirgamatbhuta karmane namaha
who did the miraculous deed of keeping silence when She came out of Her mother's womb.
25.Om kali sri krsna sankasa komala syamala tvise namaha
who has the beautiful dark complexion reminiscent of Kali and Krishna.
26. Om cira nasta punar labdha bhargave ksetra sampade namaha
who is the wealth (treasure) of Kerela (land of Bhargava, an incarnation), lost for a long time and now regained.
27. Om mrta praya bhrgu kserta punar uddhita tejase namaha
...who is the life of the land of Kerala which was almost dying and now resurrected.
28. Om sausilyadi gunakrsta jangama sthavaralaye namaha
who by Her noble qualities, like good behavior etc., attracts the whole creation.
29. Om manusya mrga paksyadi sarva samsevitanghraye namaha
whose feet are served by humans, animals, birds, and all others.
30. Om naisargika daya tirth snana klinnantar' atmane namaha
whose inner Self is always bathing in the holy river of mercy.
31. Om daridra janata hasta samarpita nijandhase namaha
who offered Her own food to the poor.
32. Om anya vaktra pra bhuktanna purita sviya kuksaye namaha
whose stomach becomes full when others have their meals.
33. Om samprapta sarva bhutatma svatma sattanubhuthaye namaha
who attained the experience that Her Self is one with the Self of all beings.
34. Om asisksita svayam svanta sphurat krsna vibhutaye namaha
who knew all about Krishna without being taught.
35. Om acchinna madhurodara krsna lilanusandhaye namaha
who continuously contemplated on the sweet sports of Lord Krishna
36. Om nandatmaja mukhaloka nityokan thita cetase namaha
whose mind ever craves to see the face of the Son of Nanda (Krishna).
37. Om govinda viprayogadhi dava dagdantar'atmane namaha
whose mind was burning in the fire of agony of the separation from Govinda (Krishna).
38. Om viyoga soka sammurccha muhur patita varsmane namaha
who often fell down unconscious, due to the grief of non union with Krishna.
39. Om sarameyadi vihita susrusa labdha buddhaye namaha
who regained consciousness by the proper nursing given by dogs and other animals.
40. Om prema bhankti balakrsta pradur bhavita sargine namaha
whose supreme love drew Krishna by force, as it were, to manifest Himself before Her.
41. Om Krsna loka mahahlada dhvasta sokantar'atmane namaha
whose mind was relieved of its agony by the immense joy of the vision of Krishna.
42. Om Kanci candraka manjira vamsi sobhi svabhu drse namaha
who had the vision of the shining form of Krishna, with ornaments such as girdles, anklets, peacock feather and flute.
43. Om sarvatrika risikesa sannidhya lahari sprse namaha
who felt the all pervading presence of Hrisikesa (another name of Krishna meaning one who has conquered all the senses).
44. Om susmera tan mukhaloka vi smerotphulla drstaye namaha
whose eyes remained wide open with the joy on beholding the smiling face (of Krishna).
45. Om tat kanti yamuna sparsa hrsta romanga yastaye namaha
whose hair stood on end when She touched the river of His beauty.
46. Om apratiksita samprapta devi rupopalabdhaye namaha
who had an unexpected vision of the Divine Mother.
47. Om pani padma svapadvina sobhaman'ambikadrse namaha
who had the vision of the Divine Mother holding the veena in Her lotus hand.
48. Om devi sadyas tirodhana tapa vyathita cetase namaha
whose heart was burnt in the fire of soma on the Divine Mother's sudden disappearance.
49. Om dina rodana nir dhosa dirna dikkarna vartmane namaha
whose sorrowful wailing was rending the ears of the four quarters.
50. Om tyaktanna pana nidradi sarva daihika dharmane namaha
who gave up all bodily activities like eating, drinking, sleeping, etc.
51. Om kuraradi samanita bhaksya posita varsmane namaha
whose body was nourished by food brought by birds and other animals.
52. Om vina nisyanti sangita lalita sruti nalaye namaha
whose ears became filled by the waves of divine melodies emanating from the Veena (in the hands of the Divine Mother).
53. Om apara paramananda lahari magna cetase namaha
whose mind was merged in the intoxicating, limitless, supreme bliss.
54. Om chandika bhikarakara darsanalabdha sarmane namaha
whose mind was filled with peace by the vision of the terrible form of the Divine Mother (Chandika).
55. Om santa supamrtajhari parana nirvrtatmane namaha
who was filled with ecstasy drinking from the ambrosial river of the blissful aspect (of the Divine Mother).
56. Om sarada smarakasesa svabhava guna sampade namaha
whose nature and qualities remind us of Sri Sarada Devi.
57. Om prati bimbita candreya saradobhaya murthaye namaha
in whom is reflected the dual form of Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Sarada Devi.
58. Om tannadakabhinayana nitya rangayitatmane namaha
in whom we see the play of these two re enacted.
59. Om candreya sarada keli kallolita sudhabdhaye namaha
who is the ocean of ambrosia in which the waves of the various plays of Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Sarada Devi arise.
60. Om uttejita bhrgu ksetra divya samskara rasaye namaha
who has enhanced the divine potentialities of Kerela.
61. Om bhuyah pratyavaruddharsa divya samskara rasaye namaha
who has re established the eternal, divine values enunciated by the rishis (Saints).
62. Om aprakrtat bhutananda kalyana guna sindhave namaha
who is an ocean of divine qualities which are natural, wondrous, infinite.
63. Om aisvarya virya kirti sri jnana vairagya vesmane namaha
who is the embodiment of aisvarya (rulership), virya (valor), kirti (fame), sri (auspiciousness), jnana (knowledge), and vairagya (dispassion).
64. Om upatta bala gopala vesha bhusha vibhutaye namaha
who assumed the form and qualities of Bala Gopala (the child Krishna).
65. Om smera snigdha kadaksayai namaha
whose glances are most sweet and loving.
66. Om svairadyusita vedaye namaha
who leads her programs playfully on the dais.
67. Om pincha kundala manjira vamsika kinkini bhrte namaha
who wore all the ornaments, the peacock feather, the earrings, the anklets, and the flute, like Krishna.
68. Om bhakta lokakhila bhista purana prinanecchave namaha
who is keen to please the world of devotees by fulfilling all their desires.
69. Om pitharudha mahadevi bhava bhasvara murttaye namaha
who in the mood of the Great Divine Mother, seated on the pitha (Divine seat), looks divinely resplendent.
70. Om bhusan'ambara vesa sri dipya manamga yastaye namaha
whose entire body shines, adorned by ornaments and unique dress like that of the Divine Mother.
71. Om suprasanna mukhombhoja varabhayada panaye namaha
who has a bright, beaming face, as beautiful as a lotus flower, and who holds Her hand in the posture of blessing.
72. Om kirita rasanakarna pura svarna padi bhrte namaha
who wears all the various gold ornaments and the crown, like the Divine Mother.
73. Om jivha lidha maha rogi bibhatsa vrnita tvace namaha
who licks with Her tongue the festering ulcers of people stricken with terrible diseases.
74. Om tvag roga dhvamsa nisnata gaurangapara murttaye namaha
who, like Sri Chaitanya, is adept in removing skin diseases.
75. Om steya himsa surapana dyasesadharma vidvise namaha
who strongly disapproves of bad qualities like stealing, injuring others, using intoxicants, etc.
76. Om tyaga vairagya maitryadi sarva sadvasana puse namaha
who encourages the cultivation of good qualities, like renunciation, dispassion, love, etc.
77. Om padasrita manorudha dussamskara rahomuse namaha
who steals away all the bad tendencies from the hearts of those who have taken refuge in Her Lotus Feet.
78. Om prema bhakti sudhasikta sadhu citta guhajjuse namaha
who resides in the cave of the hearts of the pious that are drenched with the nectar of devotion.
79. Om sudhamani maha namane namaha
who has the great name Sudhamani.
80. Om subhasita sudha muce namaha
whose speech is as sweet as nectar
81. Om amrtananada mayyakhya janakarna puta sprse namaha
...whose Name, as Amritanandamayi, resounds all over the world (reaching the ears of the masses).
82.Om drpta datta viraktayai namaha
who is indifferent to the offerings by vain and worldly people.
83. Om namrarpita bhubhuksave namaha
who accepts the food offered by devotees with humility.
84. Om utsrsta bhogi samgayai namaha
who is disinclined to be in the company of pleasure seekers.
85. Om yogi samga riramsave namaha
who cherishes the company of yogis.
86. Om abhinandita danadi subha karma bhivrddhaye namaha
who encourages good actions like charity, etc.
87. Om abhivandita nissesa sthira jamgama srstaye namaha
who is worshiped by the sentient and insentient beings of the world.
88. Om protsahita brahma vidya sampradaya pravrttaye namaha
who encourages the learning of Brahmavidya, the science of the Absolute through the traditional Guru disciple lineage.
89. Om punar'asadita srestha tapovipinia vrttaye namaha
who brought back the great way of living of the sages of the forests.
90. Om bhuyo gurukula vasa siksanotsuka medhase namaha
who is keen on re-establishing the 'gurukula' way of education.
91. Om aneka naisthika bramachari nirmatr vedhase namaha
who is Mother to many, many life long brahmacharins.
92. Om sisya samkramita sviya projvalat brahma varcase namaha
who has transmitted Her divine brilliance to Her disciples.
93. Om antevasi janasesa cesta patita drstaye namaha
who watches over all the actions of the disciples.
94. Om mohandha kara sancari loka nigrahi rocise namaha
who delights in blessing the worlds, moving like a heavenly light, dispelling the darkness.
95. Om tamah klista mano vrsta svaprakasa subhasise namaha
who sheds the light of Her blessings on the hearts of those suffering in the darkness of ignorance.
96. Om bhakta suddhanta ramgastha bhadra dipa sikha tvise namaha
who is the bright flame of the lamp kindled in the pure heart of devotees.
97. Om saprithi bhukta bhaktaughanyarpita sneha sarpise namaha
who enjoys drinking the ghee (butter) offered by the devotees.
98. Om sisya varya sabha madhya dhyana yoga vidhitsave namaha
who likes to sit with the disciples in meditation.
99. Om sasvalloka hitacara magna dehendriyasave namaha
whose body and senses are always engaged in actions for the good of the world.
100. Om nija punya pradananya papadana cikirsave namaha
who is happy in exchanging Her own merits with the demerit of others.
101. Om para svaryapana sviya naraka prapti lipsave namaha
who is happy in exchanging heaven with hell for the relief of others.
102. Om rathotsava calat kanya kumari martya murttaye namaha
who is Kanya Kumari (Goddess of Cape Comarin) in human form, as on the occasion of the chariot festival.
103. Om vimo harnava nirmagna bhrgu ksetrojjihirsave namaha
who is anxious to uplift the land of Kerala, which is immersed in the ocean of ignorance.
104. Om punassanta nita dvaipayana satkula tantave namaha
who has extented the great lineage of Sage Ved Vyasa (who took birth in community of fisherfolds).
105. Om veda sastra puranetihasa sasvata bandhave namaha
who is the eternal friend of the vedic knowledge and all other spiritual texts.
106. Om brghu ksetra samun milat para daivata tejase namaha
who is the divine glory of the awakening land of Kerala.
107. Om devyai namaha
who is the Great Divine Mother.
108. Om premamrtanandamayyai nityam namo namaha
who is full of divine love and immortal bliss.
Om Amriteshwaryai namaha
who is the Goddess of Immortal bliss!
Om Lokah samashta sukhino bhavantu
May all beings in all the worlds be happy.
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti
Om Peace, Peace, Peace
Om Amriteshwariye namahaa
Om Amriteshwariye namahaa
Om Amriteshwariye namahaa
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti