108 Names of Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, Shri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi Ashtottara Shatanaamavali
DHYANA SLOKA (Meditation Verse)
snigdhapanga vilokinim bhagavathim
mandasmita sri mukhim
vatsalyamrta varisnim sumadhuram
syamangim madhu sikta sukthim
We meditate on (Mata Amritanandamayi), who is robed in pure white attire, shining brilliantly, who is ever established in Truth, whose kind glances beam with binding love, who is the seat of the six godlyqualities, who se divine face beams with a soft, graceful smile, who incessantly showers the nectar of affection, who sings the glories of God most sweetly, who shines with the complexion of rainclouds, whose words are soaked in honey, who is immortal bliss embodies, and who is the Supreme Goddess Herself.
1. Om purna bramhma svarupinyai namaha
Adorations to Amma, who is the complete manifestation of the Absolute Truth (Brahman).
2. Om sachidananda murthaye namaha
... who is existence, knowledge and bliss embodied.
3. Om atma ramagraganyayai namaha
... who is supreme among those who revel in the innerself
4. Om yoga linantaratmane namaha
... whose inner Self (pure mind) is merged in Yoga (the union of the Individual Self with Brahman).
5. Om antar mukha svabhavayai namaha
... who is inwardly drawn by her very nature.
6. Om turya tunga sthlijjuse namaha
... who dwells in the top most plane of consciousness known as 'turya'
7. Om prabha mandala vitayai namaha
... who is totally surrounded by divine light.
8. Om durasada mahaujase namaha
... whose greatness is usurpassable.
9. Om tyakta dig vastu kaladi sarvavacheda rasaye namaha
... who has risen above all the limitations of space, matter, and time.
10. Om sajatiya vijatiya sviya bheda nirakrte namaha
...who is devoid of all kinds of differences ('differences' as usually seen among the same species, between different, species, and within one and the same individual).
11. Om vani buddhi vimrgyayai namaha
... whom speech and intellect cannot apprehend.
12. Om sasvad avyakta vartmane namaha
... whose path is eternally undefined.
13. Om nama rupadi sunyayai namaha
... who is devoid of name and form.
14. Om sunya kalpa vibhutaye namaha
... to whom the yogic powers are of no importance (like the whole world is unimportant when in dissolution).
15. Om sadaiswarya samudrayai namaha
... who has the auspicious marks of the six godly qualities (aiswarya: affluence; virya: valour; yasas: fame; sri: auspiciousness; jnanam:knowledge; vairagya: dispassion).
16. Om duri krta sad urmaye namaha
... who is devoid of the six modifications of life (birth, existence, growth, change or evolution, degeneration, destruction).
17. Om nitya prabuddha samsuddha nirmuktatma prabhamuce namaha
... who is emanating the light of the Self, which is eternal, conscious, pure, and free.
18. Om karunyakula chithayai namaha
... whose heart is full of mercy.
19. Om tyakta yoga susuptaye namaha
... who has given up the yogic sleep.
20. Om kerala ksmavatirnayai namaha
...who has incarnated in the land of Kerala.
21. Om manusa stri vapurbhrte namaha
...who has a feminine body.
22. Om dharmistha sugunanda damayanti svayam bhuve namaha
... who has incarnated of Her own will as the daughter of the virtuous Sugunananda and Damayanti.
23. Om mata pitr ciracirna punya pura phalatmane namaha
... who was born to Her parents as a result of their many virtuous deeds over many lives.
24. Om nissabda janani garbha nirgamatbhuta karmane namaha
... who did the miraculous deed of keeping silence when She came out of Her mother's womb.
25.Om kali sri krsna sankasa komala syamala tvise namaha
... who has the beautiful dark complexion reminiscent of Kali and Krishna.
26. Om cira nasta punar labdha bhargave ksetra sampade namaha
... who is the wealth (treasure) of Kerela (land of Bhargava, an incarnation), lost for a long time and now regained.
27. Om mrta praya bhrgu kserta punar uddhita tejase namaha
...who is the life of the land of Kerala which was almost dying and now resurrected.
28. Om sausilyadi gunakrsta jangama sthavaralaye namaha
... who by Her noble qualities, like good behavior etc., attracts the whole creation.
29. Om manusya mrga paksyadi sarva samsevitanghraye namaha
... whose feet are served by humans, animals, birds, and all others.
30. Om naisargika daya tirth snana klinnantar' atmane namaha
... whose inner Self is always bathing in the holy river of mercy.
31. Om daridra janata hasta samarpita nijandhase namaha
... who offered Her own food to the poor.
32. Om anya vaktra pra bhuktanna purita sviya kuksaye namaha
... whose stomach becomes full when others have their meals.
33. Om samprapta sarva bhutatma svatma sattanubhuthaye namaha
... who attained the experience that Her Self is one with the Self of all beings.
34. Om asisksita svayam svanta sphurat krsna vibhutaye namaha
... who knew all about Krishna without being taught.
35. Om acchinna madhurodara krsna lilanusandhaye namaha
... who continuously contemplated on the sweet sports of Lord Krishna
36. Om nandatmaja mukhaloka nityokan thita cetase namaha
... whose mind ever craves to see the face of the Son of Nanda (Krishna).
37. Om govinda viprayogadhi dava dagdantar'atmane namaha
... whose mind was burning in the fire of agony of the separation from Govinda (Krishna).
38. Om viyoga soka sammurccha muhur patita varsmane namaha
... who often fell down unconscious, due to the grief of non union with Krishna.
39. Om sarameyadi vihita susrusa labdha buddhaye namaha
... who regained consciousness by the proper nursing given by dogs and other animals.
40. Om prema bhankti balakrsta pradur bhavita sargine namaha
... whose supreme love drew Krishna by force, as it were, to manifest Himself before Her.
41. Om Krsna loka mahahlada dhvasta sokantar'atmane namaha
... whose mind was relieved of its agony by the immense joy of the vision of Krishna.
42. Om Kanci candraka manjira vamsi sobhi svabhu drse namaha
... who had the vision of the shining form of Krishna, with ornaments such as girdles, anklets, peacock feather and flute.
43. Om sarvatrika risikesa sannidhya lahari sprse namaha
... who felt the all pervading presence of Hrisikesa (another name of Krishna meaning one who has conquered all the senses).
44. Om susmera tan mukhaloka vi smerotphulla drstaye namaha
... whose eyes remained wide open with the joy on beholding the smiling face (of Krishna).
45. Om tat kanti yamuna sparsa hrsta romanga yastaye namaha
... whose hair stood on end when She touched the river of His beauty.
46. Om apratiksita samprapta devi rupopalabdhaye namaha
... who had an unexpected vision of the Divine Mother.
47. Om pani padma svapadvina sobhaman'ambikadrse namaha
... who had the vision of the Divine Mother holding the veena in Her lotus hand.
48. Om devi sadyas tirodhana tapa vyathita cetase namaha
... whose heart was burnt in the fire of soma on the Divine Mother's sudden disappearance.
49. Om dina rodana nir dhosa dirna dikkarna vartmane namaha
... whose sorrowful wailing was rending the ears of the four quarters.
50. Om tyaktanna pana nidradi sarva daihika dharmane namaha
... who gave up all bodily activities like eating, drinking, sleeping, etc.
51. Om kuraradi samanita bhaksya posita varsmane namaha
... whose body was nourished by food brought by birds and other animals.
52. Om vina nisyanti sangita lalita sruti nalaye namaha
... whose ears became filled by the waves of divine melodies emanating from the Veena (in the hands of the Divine Mother).
53. Om apara paramananda lahari magna cetase namaha
... whose mind was merged in the intoxicating, limitless, supreme bliss.
54. Om chandika bhikarakara darsanalabdha sarmane namaha
... whose mind was filled with peace by the vision of the terrible form of the Divine Mother (Chandika).
55. Om santa supamrtajhari parana nirvrtatmane namaha
... who was filled with ecstasy drinking from the ambrosial river of the blissful aspect (of the Divine Mother).
56. Om sarada smarakasesa svabhava guna sampade namaha
... whose nature and qualities remind us of Sri Sarada Devi.
57. Om prati bimbita candreya saradobhaya murthaye namaha
... in whom is reflected the dual form of Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Sarada Devi.
58. Om tannadakabhinayana nitya rangayitatmane namaha
... in whom we see the play of these two re enacted.
59. Om candreya sarada keli kallolita sudhabdhaye namaha
... who is the ocean of ambrosia in which the waves of the various plays of Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Sarada Devi arise.
60. Om uttejita bhrgu ksetra divya samskara rasaye namaha
... who has enhanced the divine potentialities of Kerela.
61. Om bhuyah pratyavaruddharsa divya samskara rasaye namaha
... who has re established the eternal, divine values enunciated by the rishis (Saints).
62. Om aprakrtat bhutananda kalyana guna sindhave namaha
... who is an ocean of divine qualities which are natural, wondrous, infinite.
63. Om aisvarya virya kirti sri jnana vairagya vesmane namaha
... who is the embodiment of aisvarya (rulership), virya (valor), kirti (fame), sri (auspiciousness), jnana (knowledge), and vairagya (dispassion).
64. Om upatta bala gopala vesha bhusha vibhutaye namaha
... who assumed the form and qualities of Bala Gopala (the child Krishna).
65. Om smera snigdha kadaksayai namaha
... whose glances are most sweet and loving.
66. Om svairadyusita vedaye namaha
... who leads her programs playfully on the dais.
67. Om pincha kundala manjira vamsika kinkini bhrte namaha
... who wore all the ornaments, the peacock feather, the earrings, the anklets, and the flute, like Krishna.
68. Om bhakta lokakhila bhista purana prinanecchave namaha
... who is keen to please the world of devotees by fulfilling all their desires.
69. Om pitharudha mahadevi bhava bhasvara murttaye namaha
... who in the mood of the Great Divine Mother, seated on the pitha (Divine seat), looks divinely resplendent.
70. Om bhusan'ambara vesa sri dipya manamga yastaye namaha
... whose entire body shines, adorned by ornaments and unique dress like that of the Divine Mother.
71. Om suprasanna mukhombhoja varabhayada panaye namaha
... who has a bright, beaming face, as beautiful as a lotus flower, and who holds Her hand in the posture of blessing.
72. Om kirita rasanakarna pura svarna padi bhrte namaha
... who wears all the various gold ornaments and the crown, like the Divine Mother.
73. Om jivha lidha maha rogi bibhatsa vrnita tvace namaha
... who licks with Her tongue the festering ulcers of people stricken with terrible diseases.
74. Om tvag roga dhvamsa nisnata gaurangapara murttaye namaha
... who, like Sri Chaitanya, is adept in removing skin diseases.
75. Om steya himsa surapana dyasesadharma vidvise namaha
... who strongly disapproves of bad qualities like stealing, injuring others, using intoxicants, etc.
76. Om tyaga vairagya maitryadi sarva sadvasana puse namaha
... who encourages the cultivation of good qualities, like renunciation, dispassion, love, etc.
77. Om padasrita manorudha dussamskara rahomuse namaha
... who steals away all the bad tendencies from the hearts of those who have taken refuge in Her Lotus Feet.
78. Om prema bhakti sudhasikta sadhu citta guhajjuse namaha
... who resides in the cave of the hearts of the pious that are drenched with the nectar of devotion.
79. Om sudhamani maha namane namaha
... who has the great name Sudhamani.
80. Om subhasita sudha muce namaha
... whose speech is as sweet as nectar
81. Om amrtananada mayyakhya janakarna puta sprse namaha
...whose Name, as Amritanandamayi, resounds all over the world (reaching the ears of the masses).
82.Om drpta datta viraktayai namaha
... who is indifferent to the offerings by vain and worldly people.
83. Om namrarpita bhubhuksave namaha
... who accepts the food offered by devotees with humility.
84. Om utsrsta bhogi samgayai namaha
... who is disinclined to be in the company of pleasure seekers.
85. Om yogi samga riramsave namaha
... who cherishes the company of yogis.
86. Om abhinandita danadi subha karma bhivrddhaye namaha
... who encourages good actions like charity, etc.
87. Om abhivandita nissesa sthira jamgama srstaye namaha
... who is worshiped by the sentient and insentient beings of the world.
88. Om protsahita brahma vidya sampradaya pravrttaye namaha
... who encourages the learning of Brahmavidya, the science of the Absolute through the traditional Guru disciple lineage.
89. Om punar'asadita srestha tapovipinia vrttaye namaha
... who brought back the great way of living of the sages of the forests.
90. Om bhuyo gurukula vasa siksanotsuka medhase namaha
... who is keen on re-establishing the 'gurukula' way of education.
91. Om aneka naisthika bramachari nirmatr vedhase namaha
... who is Mother to many, many life long brahmacharins.
92. Om sisya samkramita sviya projvalat brahma varcase namaha
... who has transmitted Her divine brilliance to Her disciples.
93. Om antevasi janasesa cesta patita drstaye namaha
... who watches over all the actions of the disciples.
94. Om mohandha kara sancari loka nigrahi rocise namaha
... who delights in blessing the worlds, moving like a heavenly light, dispelling the darkness.
95. Om tamah klista mano vrsta svaprakasa subhasise namaha
... who sheds the light of Her blessings on the hearts of those suffering in the darkness of ignorance.
96. Om bhakta suddhanta ramgastha bhadra dipa sikha tvise namaha
... who is the bright flame of the lamp kindled in the pure heart of devotees.
97. Om saprithi bhukta bhaktaughanyarpita sneha sarpise namaha
... who enjoys drinking the ghee (butter) offered by the devotees.
98. Om sisya varya sabha madhya dhyana yoga vidhitsave namaha
... who likes to sit with the disciples in meditation.
99. Om sasvalloka hitacara magna dehendriyasave namaha
... whose body and senses are always engaged in actions for the good of the world.
100. Om nija punya pradananya papadana cikirsave namaha
... who is happy in exchanging Her own merits with the demerit of others.
101. Om para svaryapana sviya naraka prapti lipsave namaha
... who is happy in exchanging heaven with hell for the relief of others.
102. Om rathotsava calat kanya kumari martya murttaye namaha
... who is Kanya Kumari (Goddess of Cape Comarin) in human form, as on the occasion of the chariot festival.
103. Om vimo harnava nirmagna bhrgu ksetrojjihirsave namaha
... who is anxious to uplift the land of Kerala, which is immersed in the ocean of ignorance.
104. Om punassanta nita dvaipayana satkula tantave namaha
... who has extented the great lineage of Sage Ved Vyasa (who took birth in community of fisherfolds).
105. Om veda sastra puranetihasa sasvata bandhave namaha
... who is the eternal friend of the vedic knowledge and all other spiritual texts.
106. Om brghu ksetra samun milat para daivata tejase namaha
... who is the divine glory of the awakening land of Kerala.
107. Om devyai namaha
... who is the Great Divine Mother.
108. Om premamrtanandamayyai nityam namo namaha
... who is full of divine love and immortal bliss.
Om Amriteshwaryai namaha
... who is the Goddess of Immortal bliss!
Om Lokah samashta sukhino bhantu
May all beings in all the worlds be happy.
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti
Om Peace, Peace, Peace
Om Amriteshwariye namahaa
Om Amriteshwariye namahaa
Om Amriteshwariye namahaa
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti
© 2016 Indian Hindu Names.com